We are looking for a creative engineer or scientist to join our Research & Engineering team. The ideal applicant will show proficiency in ideation in a team environment, research planning and execution, proposal writing, hands-on experimentation and data interpretation. Expectations include:
- Collaborate with technical staff and teams on multiple simultaneous projects
- Contribute to the innovation process and setting of strategic direction for research activities
- Write proposals for funded Federal and commercial research and engineering projects
- Serve as Principal Investigator/Project Manager for commercial and Government-funded research and development projects
- Present at technical conferences, publish in trade magazines, journals and proceedings
Applications for our technologies and products include turbomachinery test and diagnostics, non-destructive inspection of metallic and composite material systems, vibratory analysis of industrial equipment, acoustic emission sensing, and condition/health monitoring systems for turbomachinery and other rotating equipment.
- Project Management or Principal Investigator experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Funded research proposal writing
- Experience with custom experimental apparatus design and development
- Proficiency with laboratory optical, mechanical, and/or electronic instrumentation
Technical project management, proposal writing experience, SBIR or other funded projects experience is required. Experience in any of the following areas is a significant plus: turbomachinery, vibration/rotor dynamic analysis; sensors, optics, non-destructive inspection technologies, additive manufacturing, or energy storage/harvesting devices. Some travel is required. Education requirements are Ph.D. in engineering or scientific discipline, MS in engineering or science discipline with 5+ years of relevant experience, or B.S. in engineering discipline with 10+ years of relevant experience.