We are looking for a creative engineer to join our Research & Engineering team. The ideal applicant will be proficient in idea generation, hands-on experimentation, and data analysis. Expectations include:
- Collaborate with technical staff on multiple simultaneous projects
- Contribute to the innovation process and the development of new optical products
- Optical analysis for miniature opto-mechanical assemblies
- Presenting at technical conferences
Applications for our technologies and products include turbomachinery test and diagnostics, non-destructive inspection of metallic and composite material systems, vibratory analysis of industrial equipment, and condition/health monitoring systems for turbomachinery and other rotating equipment.
- Optical modeling experience
- Proficiency with laboratory optical, mechanical, and/or electronic instrumentation
- Experience with custom experimental apparatus design and development
- Experience with optical sensing of vibration, flow distortion, or foreign object detection in a turbomachinery environment is a significant plus
- Project Management or Principal Investigator experience
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Funded research proposal writing (SBIR experience preferred)
A B.S. in an engineering discipline with 3+ years of related R&D experience is required. An M.S or Ph.D. is a plus.
Some travel is required.