Prime Photonics is searching for an experienced technical manager to lead research and engineering. We specialize in advanced sensor systems for turbomachinery and rotating equipment including aircraft propulsion systems, land-based gas turbines and compressor systems, industrial drive systems and other types of rotating and turbomachinery equipment. Applications for our sensor products and technologies include test, validation, diagnostics and condition and health monitoring.
The position is located in Blacksburg, VA. The Director of Engineering will manage product development activities, research and engineering staff, oversee externally and internally funded R&D programs and technically contribute to all of the above. The ideal candidate enjoys being hands-on, has good communication and people management skills, and has experience maturing technology and performing product development.
- Lead engineering and research operations and personnel
- Direct product development projects and field trials
- Support commercial sales activities
- Manage commercial and Government programs
- Support company financial and strategic planning activities
- High tech product development experience
- Experience with sensors and/or turbomachinery instrumentation
- Personnel and project management experience
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with 10 years of relevant experience
Preference given to candidates with experience in any of the following areas:
- Turbomachinery or rotating equipment test & measurement, vibratory analysis, condition-based maintenance, prognostics, health monitoring and/or non-intrusive stress measurement systems (NSMS)
- Government-funded SBIR projects
- Management of IP portfolios and technology roadmaps
- Optical, capacitive, piezoelectric and/or Eddy current-based sensor technologies