We are looking for an Applications Engineer to join our Products and Engineering team. The Applications Engineer will support both new product development and business development activities at Prime. The ideal applicant should have excellent communication and project management skills, have experience with sensors and data acquisition instrumentation, be mechanically inclined, and enjoy working on teams. Application areas include gas turbine test and measurement, rotating equipment diagnostics and condition monitoring, torsional vibration and torque measurements, and turbomachinery health monitoring.
Specific duties include:
- Field testing of new technologies.
- Application development with customers and internal technical staff.
- Assisting sales staff with tradeshows, conferences, customer meetings and other sales activities.
- Commercial proposal development.
- Product requirements development.
- Test plan development and reporting.
Although not required, experience with any of the following is a significant plus: turbomachinery instrumentation, vibration monitoring and analysis, fiber optics, and non-destructive inspection technologies. Travel is required. Education requirements are B.S. in engineering with 5 years of relevant experience.